Monday, July 25, 2011

THE ROYAL WEDDING DESIGNS

It was a television event that everyone wanted a piece of. In India too, the Royal Wedding of Catherine and Prince William generated a lot of interest and every TV station worth their salt was doing specials on the Royal Wedding. When I was assigned this project, I clearly wanted to avoid the deep dark colors of black and deep reds/blues/purples. I wanted something softer..more elegant..something that spoke in terms of its simplicity and not opulence.
I took one look at the picture of the couple in embrace and I had found my color palette of soft creams, peaches and gold. I added the gold of the wedding rings, and the richness of the red in the end titles instead. I used a whimsical floral motiff and some fairy tale like colours and my simple yet elegant title sequence and designs were ready for the show on the Royal Wedding.

The story board of the Royal wedding title sequence and the graphic plates follow:









No comments:

Post a Comment