Tuesday, September 27, 2011

STATE OF THE NATION SERIES

State of the Nation is a series of shows on CNN IBN that investigates the State of urban India and the various issues faced by a rapidly growing economy and a vast and crowded population. These series of shows focus on opinion polls and the changing values and attitudes in the country.
When designing the show packaging, I focused on the Indian element, and used the tricolors of the Indian flag against a rising urban backdrop. I used roadsigns to talk about being at a crossroad of  change, confusion and the road that leads forward. My approach was simple and stark. I did not want to use too many elements or embellishments. I kept the text and font crisp and clean and the dark blue-black backdrop draws the eye to the pop of orange and the green of the tricolor streaks. Designs and the storyboard of the title sequence follow:

No comments:

Post a Comment